[Matroska-devel] PGS subtitle questions

John Stebbins stebbins at jetheaddev.com
Fri Nov 2 17:05:36 CET 2012

Hi,

Is there a "spec" for PGS in mkv?  I can't find anything helpful at http://matroska.org/technical/index.html
If there is no spec, is there something that is considered reference code?  I've looked at mkvtoolnix so far.

Here's the problem I'm trying to unravel.  I have a HandBrake user that is complaining that when he scales down the
video during transcoding, his player is not scaling the PGS subtitles appropriately. My initial thought was that maybe
we omitted some necessary codec private data that tells the player what the original size of the frame was (i.e. like
the idx information in codec private for vobsub).  But I can find no information that would indicate that this is done
or would be necessary.

Can someone enlighten me regarding this?

Thanks

--
John      GnuPG fingerprint: D0EC B3DB C372 D1F1 0B01  83F0 49F1 D7B2 60D4 D0F7