[Matroska-devel] practical limit on number of frames in a lace?

Pavel Koshevoy pkoshevoy at gmail.com
Wed May 9 22:40:44 CEST 2012

On 5/9/2012 1:36 PM, Pavel Koshevoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my matroska muxer I try to cram as many audio frames into the lace
> as I can before the next video frame comes along, then I start a new
> SimpleBlock (and new lace obviously).  However, when processing an
> audio only compression there are no video frames available to limit
> the audio lace from growing too large.  That is how I've made a 30
> second MKA file with Vorbis audio, where 250 frames are stuffed into a
> single SimpleBlock in a lace.

Actually, what really happened is that I stuffed more than 256 frames
into a lace and overflowed the number of frames counter multiple times.
So, the problem is in my code.  Sorry to trouble you.

However, I am still interested in hearing the practical limit on the
number of frames in a lace.

Thank you,
     Pavel.