[Matroska-devel] Technical question about integrating matroska

Fedor Inochkin fedor.inochkin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 10:29:30 CET 2012

Dear sir or madam!

I have to store streams thats' format dynamically canges over time.
Now I use my own container for that purposes, but I'm very interested
in using matroska.

As I understand from the spec, I can store each part of stream with
equal format in a separate segment, is that right?
Is it possible to retrieve the overall stream duration properly in that way?
My application uses DirectShow, and I'm wondered if there are MKV
mux/splitter filters with such functionality.

Further - more, streams count also changes during recording (assume we
have several cameras recorded in a single MKV. Some cameras are
switched on and off, but recording keeps on) - is there any way to
resolve this problem with matroska?

I'l appreciate you for any information.

Fedor