[Matroska-devel] moving from Subversion to Git & Github.com?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Dec 29 15:21:09 CET 2012

Hey,

Steve, I'd like to switch from Subversion to Git as our VCS. I've been
using Git for both all of my personal and professional projects for a
couple of years now, and there are simply a lot of advantages Git has
over Subversion. So I'd like to convert our single Subversion
repository into multiple Git repositories (one per top-level directory
in the Subversion trunk), and in the same step I'd like to move them
over to Github.com. On Github.com I've already created an orginazation
called "Matroska-Org" and would offer all repos under that
organization.

As you and me are the only two people still committing to the
Subversion repo I'd like to have your "Ok" for such a move, though. It
would make my life quite a bit easier.

Kind regards,
mosu