[Matroska-devel] requesting "AvgTimePerFrame" or "FieldRate" header field

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Dec 15 20:15:36 CET 2012

Hey,

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 8:08 PM, madshi <madshi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand what you mean. However, I think for true VFR content this field
> should not be written at all, or set to 0. An "average" field rate
> information for VFR content isn't really useful.

Point taken, and I wasn't leaning towards "Average" anymore anyway.
However, I'm thinking of situations in which there are gaps in the
playback, e.g. due to outages in DVB-T reception. In such cases
several frames could be missing, and of course there's no reason not
to display anything during those missing frames. Instead the last
frame available should be shown, of course. Therefore I'd like to keep
the "Default".

> Then let's be extra precise:

Definitely.

Alright, so we have a working proposal, I'd say. I'll write this up as
a new email and hope Steve will chime in on it.

Kind regards,
mosu