[Matroska-devel] requesting "AvgTimePerFrame" or "FieldRate" header field

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Dec 15 15:03:06 CET 2012

Hey,

> Maybe when you're talking about "deinterlacing", you mean weaving separate
> interlaced fields together?

Looks like I simply don't have enough knowledge in order to discuss
this topic properly. And that leads me to doubt that I'll be able to
implement properly...

> Something is wrong here. If mkvmerge really sets DefaultDuration to
> "1000000000 * num_units_in_tick / time_scale" then DefaultDuration would be
> 20ms for both 50i and 25p content.

You're right, I was wrong in what I wrote earlier. Even for 25p
content 50/1 is used, and mkvmerge will writes 40ms as is correct for
DefaultDuration in Matroska for 25p.

Kind regards,
mosu