[Matroska-devel] MVC codec in Matroska container

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Dec 12 15:07:58 CET 2012

Hey,

I assume the highlighted part is never present in the CodecPrivate element,
> at least it is not mentioned in the Matroska spec. This means it is not
> fully correct to say that CodecPrivate contains the avcC atom because it is
> actually a simplified version. That’s why I’ve written avcC*-like*.

mkvmerge simply copies the whole avcC atom from an MP4 file. Therefore I'd
guess this code is present in such cases. Dunno for avcCs constructed from
raw bitstreams, though -- probably missing in that case.

Kind regards,
mosu