[Matroska-devel] MVC codec in Matroska container

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Dec 8 20:10:02 CET 2012

Hey,

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Peter Wimmer (Lists)
<peter.wimmer.lists at 3dtv.at> wrote:
> Can I assume that Mike's proposal will become part of the spec and start with the implementation? Or can some people still veto it?

Well, Steve and me are pretty much the only people these days deciding
the Matroska side of things. The WebM guys at Google have often
something to contribute, too, though, because WebM is a subset of
Matroska and we do our utmost to keep Matroska compatible with WebM.
However, WebM does not support h.264 anyway, so that's not an issue in
this case.

Yes, you can implement it -- however, I haven't looked at your file in
detail yet; I'll try to do that tomorrow. So you have my temporary OK,
but please wait another day if you're thinking about releasing such
new code publicly.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
mosu