[Matroska-devel] creating infinite stream from playlist

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Sat Dec 8 16:01:03 CET 2012

I am not sure there is such tool. At least VP8 is able to reconfigure
the resolution dynamically so it *may* work in the end. But the
current consensus is that for such things adaptive streaming is easier
to implement on the server/player side, even if there is just one
version of the stream in the end. There should be some form of
adaptive streaming in WebM already working in Chrome and Firefox that
you could play with.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Robert Harakaly
<robert.harakaly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I have a project, where I need to create an infinite (live stream like)
> stream from a set of files (playlist). The input files are all VP8/webm
> transcoded, the only issue is to create an infinite stream allowing player
> to pass from one movie/file to another. The playlists are dynamic/updated,
> thus the information about all merged files is not available at the start.
>
> From the documentation it is not evident on what level of Matroska structure
> one can merge the files into the infinite stream. In general it can be
> considered, that all the files are encoded with the same codecs
> (VP8/Vorbis/webm).
>
> Can anybody advise us how to implement such a file merging ? Is there any
> tool available? It seems mkvmerge is not appropriate for this. Does the same
> resolution for all files is a requirement ? Is it possible to manage
> different aspect ratios?
>
> Thank you all for help
>
> Robert

> Read Matroska-Devel on GMane: