[Matroska-devel] Muxing three video tracks

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Sat Dec 8 15:32:06 CET 2012

If you don't want to code it, there might be ways to do it with VLC or
gstreamer.

Otherwise you can have a look at how mkclean recreates Matroska
Clusters when remuxing. That might be the simplest example I can think
of. The muxing science is very tricky though, you have to buffer all
channels with their timecode to put them together. I have personnally
never written anything like that.

Steve

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Alessio Sangalli <alesan at manoweb.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have a small box that records from three cameras and uses its
> hardware encoder to create three raw H.264 streams that I now save
> individually. I can also capture audio with it, right now I use arecord
> with oggenc and I save the result on a fourth file.
>
> What I would like to do is to mux all three tracks and audio in a single
> container and I thought matroska could be a good choice. Should I use
> libmatroska? Or is there a simpler approach to what I need to do here? I
> underdstand there is no documentation but any example or guideline I
> could follow here?
>

> bye
> as

Steve Lhomme