[Matroska-devel] MVC codec in Matroska container

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Dec 2 15:02:17 CET 2012

Hey,

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Peter Wimmer (Lists)
<peter.wimmer.lists at 3dtv.at> wrote:

> MVC streams have a subset SPS and a second PPS. These should be put in a new CodecPrivateEx or CodecPrivateMvc element. Appending the subset SPS to the SPS/PPS in the CodecPrivater data crashes existing parsers (according to Mike from MakeMKV).

Cutting it short here; sounds fine to me so far. I can add the element
to the specs; we're in the middle between v3 and v4 at the moment
anyway. But I'd like to get Steve's input on this as well. Even though
he's reading the list I'm purposefully CCing him on this one so that
it may get more of his attention :)

Steve, whole thread:
http://lists.matroska.org/pipermail/matroska-devel/2012-November/004311.html

Kind regards,