[Matroska-devel] New video format support in mkv

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Sat Nov 19 14:59:18 CET 2011

It all depends on what framework you want to use your codec in. I
would suggest adding your codec in libav/ffmpeg. In that case adding
Matroska support is just adding the mapping of your codec ID/to your
codec code. That should be a single line addition.

If you want to use more features available for codecs, you may need
more than that.

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Prasad H. L. <hlprasu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How easy or difficult is to add support for a new video format in the
> mkv container? I am experimenting with a video codec and wish the
> bit-stream generated by it for regular playback. Please let me know
> whether this is possible or what needs to be done for this.
>
> Regards,
> Prasad

Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman