[Matroska-devel] Question about tags

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Sat Nov 19 14:47:07 CET 2011

As the specs say "Multiple items should never be stored as a list in a
single TagString. If there is more than one tag of a certain type to
be stored, then more than one SimpleTag should be used. "

So you should use as many items you need for the same type of element.

If some genre are missing, you can add your own.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:17 AM,  <smeulf at gmx.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to tag videos with genres, but I can’t find the right syntax.
>
> The tag specifications page says it folow the “infamous TCON tag in ID3”
> format, but this format don’t seems to provide genres as “Drama” or
> Science-Fiction”.
>
> Also, I need both genres in my tags.
>
> So my question is : “Is the tag should be like this :”
>
> <Simple>
>     <Name>GENRE</Name>
>     <String>Drama</String>
> </Simple>
> <Simple>
> <Name>GENRE</Name>
> <String>Science-Fiction</String>
> </Simple>
>
> Or should it be an another format ? If so, can someone add some examples
> maybe in the “Simpson” example page, and point me to the right way (ie the
> ID3-Movie genre definition) ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Smeulf.
> Read Matroska-Devel on GMane: