[Matroska-devel] Question about tags

smeulf at gmx.fr smeulf at gmx.fr
Tue Nov 15 02:17:36 CET 2011

Hi,

I need to tag videos with genres, but I can’t find the right syntax.

The tag specifications page says it folow the “infamous TCON tag in ID3” format, but this format don’t seems to provide genres as “Drama” or Science-Fiction”.

Also, I need both genres in my tags.

So my question is : “Is the tag should be like this :”

<Simple>
    <Name>GENRE</Name>
    <String>Drama</String>
</Simple>
<Simple>
<Name>GENRE</Name>
<String>Science-Fiction</String>
</Simple>

Or should it be an another format ? If so, can someone add some examples maybe in the “Simpson” example page, and point me to the right way (ie the ID3-Movie genre definition) ?

Thanks in advance.

Smeulf.