[Matroska-devel] Bug report: Merging SRT subtitles into MKV with 6 channel AAC

BLW@BT blwarburton at btconnect.com
Sat Jun 25 17:43:15 CEST 2011

Just came across this one.

I created an MKV with AVC video and 6 channel AAC-LC 256Kbps audio using
latest MeGUI 2028 (svn) fully updated with built-in mkvmerge 4.8.0
Duration was 59 minutes.

After checking the SRT sync I then merged in the SRT file into MKV using
standalone version of mkvmerge GUI 4.8.0
Duration was now 69 minutes.
On playback sound stops about 10 minutes from the end.

The way around the problem is to merge the video, audio and subtitle files
together within MeGUI and avoid using the standalone version of mkvmerge GUI
4.8.0

I haven't tried an older version of mkvtoolnix. I suspect the 6 channel AAC
is causing the problem as this is the first time I've used the "Nero
Mult-channel 256Kbps" profile in MeGUI.