[Matroska-devel] Support for DTS and DTS-HD formats in the mkv container

Phillip Maness Phillip.Maness at dts.com
Fri Jun 24 20:45:59 CEST 2011

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: matroska-devel-bounces at lists.matroska.org [mailto:matroska-devel-bounces at lists.matroska.org] On Behalf Of Moritz Bunkus
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:42 PM
To: Discussion about the current and future development of Matroska
Subject: Re: [Matroska-devel] Support for DTS and DTS-HD formats in the mkv container

Hey,

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:53:32 -0700, Phillip Maness wrote:

> Thanks everyone for your input. It sounds like the following should
> be acceptable:

Sounds good from my point of view. We'll update the specs (Steve can
you do it? Otherwise I'll try to do it this weekend along with the
libamtroska release).

> Is there any other component of the MKV spec that needs to be
> modified to support the two new applications of DTS codecs?

I don't think so -- unless they introduce some radical new concept that
is relevant on the container level (e.g. track X contains only the
differences to track Y and cannot be decoded without it -- completely
hypothetical feature).

Regards,
mosu