[Matroska-devel] Support for DTS and DTS-HD formats in the mkv container

Phillip Maness Phillip.Maness at dts.com
Wed Jun 22 21:53:32 CEST 2011

Thanks everyone for your input. It sounds like the following should be acceptable:

1. A_DTS is used for and DTS content that contains a core substream. It might be helpful to explicitly state this in the specification, e.g. "A_DTS supports DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-96/26, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio".

2. A_DTS/EXPRESS will be used for DTS Express (a.k.a. LBR) audio streams

3. A_DTS/LOSSLESS will be used for DTS Lossless audio that does not have a core substream

Is there any other component of the MKV spec that needs to be modified to support the two new applications of DTS codecs?

Is there anything else that needs to be taken into consideration?

Thanks,
Phil Maness