[Matroska-devel] Support for DTS and DTS-HD formats in the mkv container

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Wed Jun 15 21:45:26 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org> wrote:
> On Friday 10 June 2011 03:14:50 Phillip Maness wrote:
> I'm undecided about splitting HD from A_DTS ( -> A_DTS). I'd argue that
> there are so few problems (in fact I haven't heard of a single problem
> on doom9 or in private mails) that I again think that breaking
> compatibility with existing devices is not worth it.

I think it's better not to break what we have today. But we could mark
HD and non-HD with the codec private. It should be discarded by
existing players adn DTS decoders don't expect to be passed external
codec data. And it would be possible to spot which one are actually HD
without breaking anything. (non-HD ones will simply have no codec
private data set).

--
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman