[Matroska-devel] matroska and process/history metadata tags

Dave Rice dave at avpreserve.com
Wed Jun 8 17:29:49 CEST 2011

Hi all,
	I've been working on utilizing metadata tags to document the creation process of the file in more detail (especially in environments where the source material is analog tape). I uploaded a sample MKV using these kinds of tags here: http://www.avpreserve.com/pres_metadata_sample_20110608.mkv. Official tags are in ALL CAPS and unofficial tags for documenting creation process metadata are lowercase. For now I added initial_source_timecode as a metadata tag to enable the possibility to relate frames within the MKV to frame of the source analog tape since there doesn't seem to be a better way to do this. Any feedback on the arrangement of metadata tags or this type of use of Matroska is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Dave Rice
avpreserve.com