Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Mon Jan 31 10:23:54 CET 2011

The example set of possible values are right there in the specs:
http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/tagging/index.html

ORIGINAL_MEDIA_TYPE	UTF-8	Describes the original type of the media,
such as, "DVD", "CD", "computer image," "drawing," "lithograph," and
so forth. This is akin to the TMED tag in ID3.
CONTENT_TYPE	UTF-8	The type of the item. e.g. Documentary, Feature
Film, Cartoon, Music Video, Music, Sound FX, ...

Now I realize that these values are in English. It may not be very
interesting to have the fields that have a set of (text) values to be
in text form. On the other hand when it's a known value it may be
translated from that known value (when writing it needs to be put in
English, when it's a known value).

The media type values should probably be the ones described here:
http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0#TMED
It's missing Bluray. If you can think of any values missing we'll add
it to the specs (soon enough).

For the XML it's pretty easy, you take the example in
http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/tagging/example-video.html and
add a ORIGINAL_MEDIA_TYPE in the section for the "whole show".

For the C# code unfortunately I cannot help.

And please use the mailing list if you want to have a chance to be
read by people who can actually help you.

--
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman