[Matroska-devel] Compiling libebml with MinGW+MSYS

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Mon Jan 24 20:13:15 CET 2011

This is strange. Moritz Bunkus is compiling it with no problem for mkvmerge.

You should be able to build coremake from the repository and from
there using "coremake gcc_win32" it should produce working makefiles
for MinGW.

If you are starting a new project you should use libebml2/libmatroska2
which do the same thing as the old libs but in C. This produces less
error.

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:52 PM,  <szt0922 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 6:50 AM, <szt0922 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'd like to use libebml for a project I'm working on (so it's not really
>> related to Matroska, but since it's a part of Matroska, I think somebody can
>> help me here). I'm using the latest MinGW with MSYS under Windows 7. I've
>> modified the original makefile in libebml\make\mingw32, but all I did is to
>> change the lib and include dirs from:
>>
>> LIBS =  -L"D:/DEV-CPP/lib"
>> INCS =  -I"D:/DEV-CPP/include"  -I"D:/DEV-CPP/include/c++"
>> -I"D:/DEV-CPP/include"  -I"D:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/mingw32"
>> [...]
>
> Sorry, actually, I messed up my previous message. These lines in the new
> makefile are:
>
> LIBS =  -L"C:/MinGW/lib"
> INCS =  -I"C:/MinGW/include" -I"C:/dev/libebml"

> Read Matroska-Devel on GMane:

Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman