[Matroska-devel] CodecSpecs

Santiago Jimeno sjimeno at ya.com
Thu Jan 6 00:01:45 CET 2011

I have not received any answer, so in accordance with my investigations I inform of that gotten for if this can help somebody. I to think that the data of CodecSpecs should be edited again with the purpose that they were more explicit.

AC3 and EAC3 in SymplyBlock (A3): follow ATSC a_52 - 2010 specifications. My error is that I waited that audio code was in the first track of the cluster, but it doesn't always happen this way.

Quicktime in Private data: follows MP4 specifications of stsd atom. But QDMC from AudioSampleEntry with size (4 bytes) and format (4 char) before, and QDM2 from frma box (52 bytes later).

DTS in SymplyBlock (A3): adds the whole header with included syncword (HD also).

New problem:  MLP and TrueHd
MLP: includes complete Header in SymplyBlock. But it doesn't add more data than the content in TrackEntry.
TrueHd:  impossible for my to find the relationship between the data of SymplyBlock and the specifications.
Any suggestion about this?
Does somebody have an audio sample of TrueHd?

Regards. Santiago