[Matroska-devel] S_DVBSUB

Andreas Öman andreas at lonelycoder.com
Mon Feb 21 21:16:05 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Steve Lhomme <slhomme at matroska.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Dan Haddix <dan6992 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > The page ID for the packets wouldn't be stripped, it would simply be
> reset
> > to 1 for all packets. That way there is no need to store the composition
> or
> > ancillary IDs in the MKV container because every packet belonging to a
> DVB
> > subtitle track in MKV would always belong exclusively to that track. And
> if
>
> So, I don't understand, it's not stripped but there is no need to
> store ? To me it's means exactly the same thing, that this
> Language+Composition Page ID+Ancillary Page ID are not stored in the
> packets as they are already implied.

Sorry for coming in a bit late here (I believe I started the discussion
originally a while back)

These are the options as I see them:

a) Store payload exactly as-is and include 4 bytes of data in CodecPrivate.
If multiple subtitle tracks sources data from same MPEG TS PID all the data
will be duplicated.

b) Use MKV's features to share packets between two tracks. Keep 4 bytes in
CodecPrivate to let
codecs distinguish between the data

c) Split and filter pages and only include those applicable for the track.
Store nothing in CodecPrivate.
If multiple subtitle tracks sources data from same MPEG TS PID the common
pages will be duplicated.

Perhaps there are other options as well?

Which of those are we talking about here?