Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Thu Feb 17 18:45:05 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Santiago Jimeno <sjimeno at ya.com> wrote:
> If Hastag (previous tag)
>   If HasDelete
>       Delete (2 locations)
>   else if HasChanges
>       if Size < = Old Size + padding
>           Write  + padding (2 locations)
>       else
>           Write at end
> Else (No Tag)
>   if HasChanges (New)
>       Write at end
>
> This code works perfectly and without errors.
> Now it was necessary to expand it with Pictures. And in that point we are.

Not really. If you replace /tag/ with /attachment/ it works the same way.
You don't have to do both at the same time, You can do the edit in 2
pass if you think merging the 2 parts is too complex. In the end you
get a valid file and simpler code.

Given all the discussions on tag editing and because tags are
important to me, I'm planning to add a "simple" API on top of
libmatroska2 (the C version) that anyone can use to read and write
tags/attachments. I don't know when it will be ready, because I have
higher priority tasks to finish first.

Steve

--
Steve Lhomme