Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Feb 16 14:25:36 CET 2011

Hey,

On Wednesday 16 February 2011 14:16:29 Santiago Jimeno wrote:

> I already have developed my outline. I will compare it with your suggestion
> of pragmatic approach
> But my primordial goal is that the file is not damaged.

Don't get me wrong: My approach doesn't damage the file in any way. At
worst it will place an element somewhere it might not be found so easily
in certain situations (e.g. tags at the end of the file are not found if
the file is streamed and the streaming method doesn't support
seeking). But those disadvantages are present with the other proposed
methods as well.

Meaning: my worst case scenario is still 100% valid, and in situations
where random access to a file is available the content will be found by
demuxers that are implemented correctly.

Regards,
Mosu