Boris Juraga boris.juraga at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 13:45:02 CET 2011

Well from the conversation till now i have one conclusion - no proper
tags support is near, not without full remux. So i will use a
workaround i was using before trying to use the tag system. I will
create spec complying xml file containing the tags and called
tags.xml, and instead of adding it to mkvmerge as a global tags xml
file - i will add it as attachment. And it will be fixed size xml
document. I think 5KB is more than enough for tags for movie or
episode. and as it is fixed size, i will use my current tag\attachment
reader to seek to it and simply over write it with the new tags.xml.
As the files are exactly the same size no problems will occur. Simply
if the new tags are bigger than 5KB i will remux.

I cant think of a single problem with this solution, no one is reading
tags at the moment so my app will work.