Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Feb 14 19:03:34 CET 2011

 Hey,

 On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:26:29 +0100, Santiago Jimeno wrote:

> OK. But this option is deprecated in Order Guidelines.

 True, but this is also not meant as the rule, but as the exception of
 the rule like I've written in my response to Steve.

 mkvmerge leaves a lot more space after the seekhead so that you can
 index several more additional level 1 elements without having to resort
 to creating two linked seekheads. This space is really small compared to
 leaving voids for e.g. tags, chapters or attachments. mkvmerge is a bit
 generous here though: it reservers 4096 bytes for the seekhead and the
 following void element even though that could be cut down to 256 bytes
 or less for 99.9% of all cases.

 Regards,
 mosu