Boris Juraga boris.juraga at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 14:00:35 CET 2011

Well, yes but i dont even hope for media players to support tags, they
simply dont need them. So to state that as a reason is not valid.
Media centers on the other hand dont support that as from their point
of view it is no worth it their time to write tag readers and on top
of that tag writers. You see to test a tag reader you have to write
tag writer(editor). My media library is built only around Matroska
(MKA and MKV) so i need to read the tags. That i can do. I have writen
my library in C# and after short period i hope to publish it - but as
i stated i am new to opensource, so i have to first familiarize myself
with all those licences and stuff. And for that chicken and egg, one
solution comes to mind: One should make a tag editor and this
discussion will have point. I would be glad to help in any way i can
but i can not start the project, it has to be someone more directly
linked to Matroska, one with the power to write the specs. So then i
guess i will keep developing  my app and hope that one day someone
will make use of it. For now it will serve only me and my friends.