[Matroska-devel] StereoMode

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Mon Feb 7 08:56:33 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

It seems we (I) went a little fast on the StereoMode value changes. It
turns out some systems were already using the 3D Matroska system in
place before. Even though it was just experimental and not really
satisfactory (no way to link 2 tracks together to tell they form the
3D planes).

So we either need to update the recently updated values, or simply add
a Matroska v3 which would include StereoMode and TrackOperation. This
way it's easy to detect systems that were using the old values. I will
then add a link in the specs to explain what the v2 values where and
why it changed.

Opinions ?
I already published a news about the issue here:
http://www.matroska.org/news/stereomode.html

--
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman