Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Mon Feb 7 08:51:43 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Santiago Jimeno <sjimeno at ya.com> wrote:
>> Yes, I will change the specs to make sure it's clear that padding
>> after SeekHead is recommended (even for things that don't even exist
>> yet in Matroska).
>
> Thank you. It would be fine to warn to authors personally.
> I have only found problems in example files (cover_art.mkv), in those of
> Haali (puts only 14 bytes), and mkvmerge only in 4.0.0 and 4.1.1 versions
> (Test 1 samples)

OK, I will first update mkclean to leave more space (right now there's
only space for one element). And then I will make a test1 bis. I have
a list of other features I have to put in a new test suite too.

> Maybe it would also be necessary to specify advisable size. Mkvmerge uses
> 4000 (maybe for including all cluster blocks).

That's probably too much.

> I have calculated that all master elements (included first cluster location,
> I think it's the only one truly necessary here) will have a size something
> smaller than 400 bytes.

Yes. Right now mkclean leaves room for 1 link at the end. I should
probably be safer with 3 or 4. I suppose tags at the front could do
with a bit of padding too for easier editing without have to move it
to the end or move all the data in the file.

--
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman