Santiago Jimeno sjimeno at ya.com
Sat Feb 5 19:39:18 CET 2011

> I agree, no need to go to the personal level. But technical
> discussions have to be done publicly whenever possible, to make sure
> all that have an opinion can express in time. (the recent problem with
> StereoMode changes is a good example of something that could have been
> avoided with more public talks)

OK. I don't have problem.

> Yes, I will change the specs to make sure it's clear that padding
> after SeekHead is recommended (even for things that don't even exist
> yet in Matroska).

Thank you. It would be fine to warn to authors personally.
I have only found problems in example files (cover_art.mkv), in those of
Haali (puts only 14 bytes), and mkvmerge only in 4.0.0 and 4.1.1 versions
(Test 1 samples)
Maybe it would also be necessary to specify advisable size. Mkvmerge uses
4000 (maybe for including all cluster blocks).
I have calculated that all master elements (included first cluster location,
I think it's the only one truly necessary here) will have a size something
smaller than 400 bytes.

> But for lyrics I guess it could
> be put in tags too, because adding the syncrhonisation info is a lot
> of work and will never happen in basic tag editors. So I will add an
> "entity" in the tags specification.

I agree. Thank you again.

Let's me to know your decisions in other fields. The two pending aspects
need something more meditation. Tell me if I can help on some aspect..
Finishing my program will take me some time. I will add it to the link when
I can.

Regards. Santiago