Boris Juraga boris.juraga at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 19:02:28 CET 2011

To Santiago: I hope you did not get offended -- it was not my goal.
But i second Steve that all technical conversations are to be public,
and i am building a lot of tools for Matroska currently for my own
needs but when done i will publish them and i too care about this
format.

Unlike you, i have selected to work only with Matroska files exclusive
(my preference), as they are the only ones versatile enough (for me)
to what i need (all metadata and covers and subtitles and whatnot
inside the file). I am here to express support to this container and
make my contribution to it. Some specifications are there for a
reason, there are ones that dont suit me -- but suit the wider
audience so i accept them.

As Steve already made changes to the Ordering guide i can only hope
all Matroska file creators will adopt, and the seek head will be
"faster" to edit. I am currently thinking about such space after my
tags so i can edit them too (in my case i like to place them at he
front). Still thinking of how much void to place after tags.

You see if you allow images to be placed inside the tags only one
thing will come out of it -- The tags are going to get exponentially
bigger and there will be no way to edit them in the current position
but you will have to place them at the end or remux he whole file.
This will be the culprit for empty holes all over the file, not the
current specifications.

If anyone has anything to say or add please feel free to do it here