[Matroska-devel] About Matroska Tags

Boris Juraga boris.juraga at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 20:33:00 CET 2011

I am starting to create profiles for tagging that make sense, like for
tv shows and movies, and i like to use some standard here. I am unable
to find a good sample for use of nested tags in case it is needed. I
think it is nececary to place good examples on the matroska site
including actors. I think this is the way you intended to use the
ACTOR, CHARACTER and other alike:

<Tags>
    <!-- The Simpsons season 1 episode 2 in 1 file -->
    <Tag> <!-- show -->
        <Targets>
            <TargetTypeValue>70</TargetTypeValue>
        </Targets>
        <Simple>
            <Name>TITLE</Name>
            <String>The Simpsons</String>
        </Simple>
        <Simple>
            <Name>ORIGINAL_MEDIA_TYPE</Name>
            <String>TV</String>
        </Simple>
        <Simple>
            <Name>CONTENT_TYPE</Name>
            <String>Show</String>
        </Simple>
<!-- Now i think this is how you intended o use them. Am i correct?  -->
        <Simple>
            <Name>ACTOR</Name>
            <String>Real Person #1 Name</String>
            <Simple>
               <Name>CHARACTER</Name>
               <String>The Character#1 Name</String>
             </Simple>
        </Simple>
        <Simple>
            <Name>ACTOR</Name>
            <String>Real Person #2 Name</String>
            <Simple>
               <Name>CHARACTER</Name>
               <String>The Character#2 Name</String>
             </Simple>
        </Simple>
    </Tag>
.... other tags for season and episode are removed for this example
</Tags>

If that is the way--ok, if i am wrong please provide a good sample for
multiple actor/character combos and i will take that and reuse it for
multiple directors, producers and other multiples