[Matroska-devel] AAC in .TS files bug

jack616 misc03 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 16:25:26 CET 2011

> I strongly advise you give the rather new but actively developed
> project "LAV filters" a try. It's a DirectShow splitter that is based
> on the "avfilter" library, part of the well-known ffmpeg project. See
> the ongoing discussion over at doom9 for details:
> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191

Thanks for the reply Moritz.
I now have the LAV filters installed but they seem a bit unreliable when
seeking
leaving breakups and for a second or so a sync error on my machine.
(Otherwise it seems to work fine and does play back the AAC audio)
I also seem to have lost the ability to play back some types of mpeg1 and mpeg2
files. It just feels a bit clunky for that reason.
I will check out your link though - if it is being actively supported such
things will probably get sorted out sooner or later.

thanks again.