[Matroska-devel] libmatroska/ebml 0.9.0/0.8.0 is binary incompatible with previous version

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Sun May 30 12:10:19 CEST 2010

I often refer to it as libebml2 (currently 0.9.7 or something like that). I
suppose a linux package would be libebml2-0.9.7

For the new libs that are incompatible, I suspect any C++ lib in general
that has API additions is binary incompatible. Isn't there a way to tell a
package is incompatible with the previous version ? Package dependencies are
also there to avoid mismatch.