[Matroska-devel] libmatroska/ebml 0.9.0/0.8.0 is binary incompatible with previous version

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun May 30 11:11:58 CEST 2010

Hey,

On Saturday 29 May 2010 11:08:01 Cristian Morales Vega wrote:

> Should I change the soname in the openSUSE package (if so, to what?
> I'm not sure about how will you name libebml2) or this can be fixed?

This will not be fixed. As a matter of fact the next release due in the
next couple of days will probably be binary incompatible as well. So if
you can wait another week you should probably not release libebml
0.8.0/libmatroska 0.9.0 now in order not to have to change the soname
twice.

The libebml 2 that Steve Lhomme is working on is a complete rewrite in
C. Maybe it'll be named something else in the file system entirely
(e.g. libcebml ?). This has not been decided yet.

Regards,
Mosu