[Matroska-devel] About mkclean and attachment placement

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Thu May 27 09:21:07 CEST 2010

Hi Ben,

Are you sure that all the demuxers look for attachments prior playback ?
That doesn't sound efficient if there is no subtitles in the file anyway.

Also seeking is only bad when streamed over a slow connection. On a local
file or local network, you will not see a noticeable difference where the
attachments are located. It may only have an impact when playing files from
the web. And even though, it would be odd to read 3 MB of font before
playback if the user is never going to chose subtitles.

Steve