[Matroska-devel] Move IRC channel (back) to freenode?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Jul 29 09:01:32 CEST 2010

Hey,

I know that having your own IRC server is kinda cool, but
honestly... There have been numerous times when users have had issues
staying connected to corecodec's IRC server. There have been numerous
times when the IRC server was simply unavailable. Today it's either me,
or the IRC server, again.

So why don't we consider moving back to freenode? freenode is
maintained, has a shitload of servers in its network, it's completely
pro OpenSource software. We should register as a group there and then
re-create the #matroska channel.

What are the arguments in favor of staying with corecodec's own IRC
server?

Regards,
Mosu