[Matroska-devel] Divx 3 Win7/uninstalling

Dave'O davidgherbaz at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 27 04:03:53 CET 2010

Hi,

I've been haveing a couple of issues with the splitter,
first of all I have installed the avi component of the splitter (because I had
some multi track AVIs and the defult windows splitter just plays both at once),
however I've noticed it can't use win7s defult Divx 3 (div3 fourcc) codec and
i've had to install another (in MKVs it can't handle div3 at all but I made the
files especialy to test and can't imagine anyone else puting an old codec like
this in a MKV container)

My second issue is that if I uninstall the splitter it breaks the ability to
play AVIs, I though this might be an issue to note, but also was wondering if
you knew how I could manualy re-register the defult splitters as I haven't been
able to work it out.

Also any news as to when we will get MKV thumbnails again?

Thanks for you'r help,
And for the continued development of such a wonderful splitter.