[Matroska-devel] Haali Media Splitter 19/12/2009 is broken?

Konstantin kis at aha.ru
Thu Feb 4 14:28:18 CET 2010

I've installed it, and then no TS or M2TS containers with VC1 encoded video can
be played: the splitter does not detect the video stream.

Also, I have AC3Filter 0.63b set up to handle LPCM audio, to encode it to AC3.
With this version of the splitter and TS containers with 6-channel LPCM audio,
the audio track is not passed to AC3Filter.

I've used MPC-HC 1.3.1249.0 player.

Installed version dated 11/01/2009, and things now OK again: TS/M2TS files with
VC1 show video, LPCM audio goes to AC3Filter. The only thing that is still bad
is a problem with 6-channel LPCM: wrong byte order is passed out. That's what
should be fixed in 19/12/2009 version and why I've tried to install it, but,
indeed, it is even worse :(