[Matroska-devel] Potential CCCP Revenue Generator

JC Pratt jcpratt at opencandy.com
Wed Dec 15 01:30:14 CET 2010

Hi Blake,

I came across your program as I am working with a number of codec companies.
Thanks for the great app!

I work at a Google backed start-up called OpenCandy that might be
interesting to you. We help software developers make money by recommending
software they believe is valuable for their users. We started this company 2
years ago and were some of the original founders from DivX.

We build relationships with software companies that want their software
distributed. We also build relationships with software developers (like
yourself) who want to recommend software to their users and make some money
by doing so. We believe that for this to work and be a sustainable business,
it must be user and software developer focused.

The recommendation takes place during your software's installer, and is
dynamically served from our server so nothing is bundled. And it's opt-in,
so only the users that wish to accept the recommendation get the software.
All the recommended software is reviewed for quality; absolutely no spyware
or malware is approved or recommended. Bing, StumbleUpon, WinSCP, Winamp,
Kaspersky and TuneUp Media (an iTunes plug-in that finds album art/ID3 tags)
are just few of the developers that are already working with us.

I think OpenCandy might be a good fit for you. Let me know if you're
interested in hearing more.

Regards,
JC

--