[Matroska-devel] S_DVBSUB

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Aug 23 09:10:06 CEST 2010

Hey ho,

On Monday 23 August 2010 09:00:06 Andreas Öman wrote:

> I also suggest (based on some discussion on IRC) that no extradata is
> added with composition and ancillary ID, but rather that the muxing
> application must filter the subtitle segments before muxing.

With "extradata" he means the following:

In a MPEG transport stream DVBSUBs are prefixed with four bytes of data
providing a sub-stream ID. That way several streams inside that DVBSUB
stream can be identified. Think of tracks in tracks.

For Matroska I objected to storing streams that way as you only have one
logical track in a Matroska track. Therefore the proposal to drop those
four bytes and to use only one DVBSUB sub-stream in a single Matroska
track.

I totally agree with that :)

> As this is my first contact with the list; Did I miss anything?

Does that codec need any codec extra data (Matroska element
'CodecPrivate')?

Regards,
Mosu