[Matroska-devel] Haali Media Splitter - sound volume issue

Alexander Breitnach emereld at gmx.de
Tue Sep 1 00:36:58 CEST 2009

Hi, I've encountered an issue with Haali Media Splitter.

On .mkv media file playback with MPC-HC using Haali Media Splitter the sonud
volume is below normal.
After choosing a subtitle track volume is back to normal.

This has nothing to do with volume control.
I've tried also MPC-HC's internal matroska splitter, which is working fine.
This happens for .mkv files having no subtitle track or no default subtitle
track. ("no subtitles")
For .mkv files where there is a default subtitle track, so that a subtitle track
gets displayed from the beginning of playback, the sound volume is normal just
as if one had choosen a subtitle track.

Dunno if this is a bug or feature. I hope you can enlighten me.

Greetings
Alexander