[Matroska-devel] Use libavcodec to decode mkv files..?

Sat Nov 28 01:14:37 CET 2009

Hi,

I have written a mkv-library to read mkv files and would like to use libavcodec to decode the frames.
To test things I first exportet my h264 stream to a raw-h264 file (like mkvtoolnix does) - it's working and playing fine in VLC.

So, next I did was setting up libavcodec to decode my frames.. but, whenever I pass my frame-data to avcodec_decode_video2(), I get this error:

[h264 @ 0x4011000]no frame!

I used "CODEC_ID_H264" as codec for libavcodec.. the codec of my mkv file is "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC".. so I think this is correct.

Do I have to do something with the data I read from the SimpleBlocks before I pass them to the decoder..? (I also parsed the SimpleBlock... got the timecode offset, flags etc)

Thanks,
Aya