[Matroska-devel] Consecutive order of timecodes in SimpleBlocks?

Mon Nov 16 12:16:57 CET 2009

Hi,

I have a question about mkv-file format.
When I read the ebml-structure I get some clusters and inside these
clusters a lot of SimpleBlocks
So far no problem..

But, when I then read the SimpleBlocks the timecode of each block
isn't consecutive.. (but only in the last two clusters..)

The First block has a timecode value of "42".. the next one "0", then
"126", followed by "84", "209", "167" ...
Shouldn't they be ascending like they are in all other clusters?

I mean.. if I want to extract the stream to play it back.. do I realy
need to sort the blocks first? (Run trough them to find the correct
one is the same as sorting them.. ^^)

Thanks,
Aya