[Matroska-devel] Issue with seeking of .mkv files containing H.264 content

Shyam Sadhwani shyams at microsoft.com
Fri May 1 20:03:36 CEST 2009

Hi Mike,

We do not want Haali source to change the seeking mechanism. Only issue is accuracy of timestamps on input samples after seek.
We are fine with seeking to previous keyframe and send intermediate frames as preroll.

The problem we are seeing is that after these intermediate preroll frames, the frames coming into decoder have timestamps (which are greater than 0) that are already behind current clock.
I suspect Haali source is not setting correct timestamps after seek.

Timestamps seem to become correct after next key frame most of the time.

Thanks
Shyam