[Matroska-devel] Support for TrueHD audio

Aurelien Jacobs aurel at gnuage.org
Mon Mar 30 23:09:48 CEST 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 05:23:41PM +0100, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've just added support for TrueHD audio in mkvmerge, one of the more
> often requested features.
>
> Now I need support for it in Haali's splitter :)
>
> The format is really simple: CodecID is "A_TRUEHD", no CodecPrivate,
> just deliver the content as-is.
>
> A small sample EVOB file which can be used for testing is available
> here:
>
> http://www.bunkus.org/misc/AVC.TrueHD.DDP.2xDD.evo

I've tried to do a straight conversion of this file to mkv using latest
git tree of mkvtoolinx. It seems to work fine except for one thing.
It seems it confuse sampling freq and channels count. Here is what
mkvinfo show for the truehd track:

  + Audio track
   + Sampling frequency: 6.000000
   + Channels: 48000

This only happens for truehd (and maybe mlp, I haven't tried).

Aurel