[Matroska-devel] Output of sup (Blue-ray) subtitles from Haali Media Splitter?

Arto Jarvinen arto.jarvinen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 00:43:30 CEST 2009

Arto Jarvinen <arto.jarvinen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The Haali stream selection menu reports
> a number of subtitle tracks. None of them gets rendered
> to a file though through
> the dump filter (the file remains empty).

Sorry guys, I goofed. The media splitter does seem to output something. It was
just that the subtitles didn't get going until several minutes into the
m2ts file. There was a long intro about the movie company or something that
didn't seem to be subtitled although there was a spoken audio track.

Any hints as to how to render the sup format are welcome. I've seen some info
over at doom9's that I'll start with. Something about run-length coded bitmaps
(how ugly can it get?).

Still interested in knowing if such a renderer filter already exists.

Thanks!

Arto