[Matroska-devel] Support for TrueHD audio

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Mar 29 20:45:11 CEST 2009

Hey,

On Sunday 29 March 2009, Moritz Bunkus wrote:

> Hmm, at least ffmpeg has problems with so many frames in a single
> packet. I'll implement 1:1 storage and see if that's better.

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/pre/mkvtoolnix-unicode-2.6.0-build20090329-100-setup.exe

This build can do both. It defaults to putting each frame into its own
Matroska block. This works nicely with ffmpeg (on Linux).

mkvmerge knows a new option, "--engage merge_truehd_frames", which turns
on the prior behaviour of merging a sync frame with all following
non-sync frames in a single Matroska block.

m.