[Matroska-devel] Output of sup (Blue-ray) subtitles from Haali Media Splitter?

Arto Jarvinen arto.jarvinen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 14:43:04 CEST 2009

I'd like to write a DirectShow filter that renders sup format subtitles and that
I can use with my own media player (http://www.ostrogothia.com/video). Just as a
test, I compiled the DirectShow example "dump" filter which accepts any type of
input and writes it on a file. I connected it to the subtitle output pin of the
media splitter and played an m2ts file. The Haali stream selection menu reports
a number of subtitle tracks. None of them gets rendered to a file though through
the dump filter (the file remains empty).

I might have done something wrong of course but just to check:

Does the Haali Media Splitter actually output sup format subtitles on its
subtitle pin?

And just in case: Is already a sub rendering filter that takes that sup output
(if it exists) and generates bitmapped frames that can be fed into e.g. the VMR9
renderer?

Thanks a lot for your input (and output :-))!
Arto Jarvinen
Sweden